Well, well, well…
Where have you been?
I’ll have you know I blog very regularly in my head. Getting it here is a little more complicated. You know, the translating and all. Plus, it takes a whole lotta energy to be this funny. Just sayin’.
I really am going to try to do this more often, mainly so we don’t have to have those awkward introductions anymore. I knew you’d be happy about that.
So what we’ve been up to:
- One bazillion mission conferences and we have a few more left. Seriously, we’ve been out of town every single weekend since sometime in January. This actually has been such a blessing to us and our children, but I will be very thankful when all of the traveling dies down. It’s been particularly helpful for the girls, since my goal is to have homeschooled children sans social awkwardness. I believe it can be done. Needless to say, we’ve had lots of practice lately.
- 3 birthdays and one to go. The girls turned 5 and 7, Matthew turned 1 and Jak will be turning 3 on Easter. I will tell you Matthew’s birthday story soon. You really don’t want to miss it. And no, I can’t believe my baby just turned 1. That was the fastest year of my life. Crazy. I honestly thought I was going to have flashbacks of his birth. Matthew got a birthday card from our sweet friend and children’s ministry director. The card said, “You are turning one and that means you will be having a new little brother or sister very soon!” That made me laugh so hard. Yes, this is probably true. The first birthday has always been my cue. You may not know this about me, but I only have babies every other March and on odd years, except when our insurance company gives us a 30 day waiting period for maternity coverage and then we have to have our baby in April. True story.
- House on the market. We need to sell our house. I love my house and I don’t want to sell it. Really, I don’t. I got a call from our realtor to tell us that a couple wanted to come look at it a second time and I cried. Yes, this is the sad truth. I am very sentimental about this house. 5 years of life is a really long time when your oldest child is only 7. I know this is all very spoiled, but I’m just being honest. I keep having this conversation in my head, where I remind myself that Christians around the world are meeting underground and being persecuted for their faith and I am crying over losing my house in Madison. Geez. Rotten.
- 70%Both of our families have 70% of our support raised, which is good, but we have to be at 100% to actually move. We are praying that we can move in August.
- Colombia. We are planning a trip to Colombia in April. I will be sure to show you pictures and give you an idea of what our lives will look like there. I am looking forward to seeing it for myself.
- Homeschool.We are very nicely ahead in homeschooling. I didn’t take last summer off and have not taken very many breaks so that right now I would be ahead of the game and can afford to take time off while we transition over the next few months.
- Selling it all. I still haven’t started selling my stuff yet. Be on the lookout on facebook, especially if you live in the Jackson or Hattiesburg area. I am going to take pictures of everything and come up with prices and, hopefully, I can get a lot of it sold.
- Matthew’s first birthday. Now, I will leave you with a picture of Matthew’s first birthday
jokecake. All I have to say about that is there is an explanation…
…And I will share that information once I have it.